1. Trade at night.
2. Sell green; buy red.
3. Look at correlation after looking at the charts.
4. Consider the relationship in terms of the global situation. Pause.
5. Trade Small.
6. Even if uncorrelated, if catastrophe strikes, there is a good chance both will go down. However, if disaster strikes a trade; e.g., worst case, my short–say silver– busts out for a twenty percent gain, then I’m beat. But this would be very black swan-like.
7. I’m a musician and cultural anthropologist; my ideas will be irregular. The question is: Can I make money with them? Only testing will prove me out.
8. Enjoy the learning moment.